Wednesday, July 05, 2006

BARNYARD TROUBLE


Jeff Swanson writes, "... I'd ... like to see "Barnyard Trouble." He read about it in the interview linked to in the posting SNAKE EATS OWN TAIL, you see, and naturally he was curious.

If Jeff owns a copy of THE BOOK OF JIM he may be slightly disappointed to discover that he has seen it before, but can anything dampen the frisson he must feel at the knowledge that this picture - now lost- was the first charcoal picture I ever made that did what I wanted it to do? Eh?

Way back in 1977 it was, when I was 26 years old and living in a jasmine-wreathed shack in Santa Barbara, eating from dumpsters, fishing from the pier, swimming with the corbena and generally living like a king.

Special thanks to Ted Miller for the little chick bank in the lower right.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That .. horse or kangaroo to the right always fills me with terror. I was just staring at this last night, reading "The Book of Jim" and reading some of the text out loud to K. The Jimland Novelties made her laugh relentlessly for minutes. Any of those Weasel Silhouettes left in stock?
--MC

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also very curious about this. This is my first viewing. You see, all of my Woodring related pruduct is of the Frank persuasion.

Love,

Kiel West

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a scary picture!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Wordlings said...

The frisson is undampened indeed. I can sense the possibilities and the information coiled in the images like DNA. I never did get "The Book Of Jim", but now that's being rectified.

A lot of people never get to that place, break through to their own unique emanations. It's a truly lovely thing when it happens.

11:36 AM  
Blogger jimmycity said...

Thank you for putting this up for us newcomers! I love it.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Dig that crazy farmer!
Anonymous is right--that horse or mule's grin is rather diabolical!

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home