Wednesday, May 02, 2007

GREAT LITTLE TOWN, DO A LOT WITH IT


Thanks to the indefatigable Larry Reid the Fantagraphics Book Store in Georgetown has become a place where events of a certain admirable magnitude occur with wonderful frequency. Ivan Brunetti and Bruce Bickford are coming there soon; Lazy Robinson just left.

Here's a link to the Fantagraphics blog FLOG so you can see what you've already missed and what's bearing down on you. And while you're there, enjoy some state-of-the-art hyperbole about the Lazy Robinson performance and a 45 second clip from the show in which Bill Frisell's always-perfect-for-the-moment guitar playing competes with my untuned-calliope-of-a-voice. Thank you for your interest-if-any.

And thanks to Nibman First Class Bob Rini for the snap.

3 Comments:

Blogger spleenal said...

Wow I never knew you had a blog.
Ive been a fan for ages now I can suck up.
I really loved the pop up moleskins.
Thanks for drawing stuff.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Calista said...

Hey Jim--

Check out the Woodring effect working its magic on Donald Duck, as pointed out here...

5:00 AM  
Blogger Lasky said...

In my quest to pay my rent, I have been missing all kinds of good stuff lately. The chance to see you and Frisell team up once again is probably the missed event I regret the most. Catching your UW performance a few years back was a treasured highlight of my Seattle experience.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home