Wednesday, February 25, 2015
- Name: Jim Woodring
- Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
I was born in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in Southern California and enjoyed an exciting childhood full of poetry and paroniria among the snakes, rats and tarantulas of that enchanted realm. I eventually grew into an inquisitive bearlike man who has had three exciting careers; garbage collector, merry-go-round-operator and cartoonist. Some of my work is collected in THE BOOK OF JIM, THE FRANK BOOK and SEEING THINGS (all published by Fantagraphics) and in various toys, fabrics, prints and urban legends. Thank you for your interest.
- FROGS AT NIGHT drawing
- BACK AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME
- BETWEEN US WE CAN DO GREAT THINGS
- SHOW SOME BACKBONE
- I SAW THE WORLD WITHOUT ITS SHIMMERING GARMENT
- SILENT BUT PENSIVE WITNESS
- IT'S A NEW DAY!