Wednesday, February 06, 2008

RETURN OF THE LOOTY



















The redoubtable MAKE has posted its own instructions for the construction of contemptable LOOTY, the terrible toy. As their version is slightly different from mine and has what I consider to be a design flaw as regards the all-important admission of light, I am posting the above diagram along with a bad scan of an early ad for the device. WARNING: Looty-use may be harmful to your brain circuitry. Discontinue use and destroy device if reciprocal brain-looting leads to fatigue, hallucination, depression, , eyestrain, insomnia, paroniria, paranoia or paranormality.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a Looty!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Calista said...

Oh my gosh, I remember the Looty from the copy of Jimland Novelties I still to this very day prominently display! I really wanted one... but was afraid to make that a reality. Maybe I was right to be?

Still... now that it's become a DIY, I'm intrigued anew! It's been democratized.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Jim, that magazine ad is brilliant. I am terrified and inspired.

7:36 PM  
Blogger cartoonmonkey said...

Alternately, you could build this little guy:
http://www.grand-illusions.com/pseudoscope.htm

Skree!
C

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats awesome Jim, I love your magazine ads.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Horrifying yet terrifying.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Future Trash said...

That ad made my day. Thanks JIM!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that's pretty hot. I want a looty!
(I put this spam killer address at the end of each of my comments)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Shawn Wolfe said...

Looty made a strong impression on me when I first saw that ad years ago.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home