Wednesday, March 19, 2008
- Name: Jim Woodring
- Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
I was born in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in Southern California and enjoyed an exciting childhood full of poetry and paroniria among the snakes, rats and tarantulas of that enchanted realm. I eventually grew into an inquisitive bearlike man who has had three exciting careers; garbage collector, merry-go-round-operator and cartoonist. Some of my work is collected in THE BOOK OF JIM, THE FRANK BOOK and SEEING THINGS (all published by Fantagraphics) and in various toys, fabrics, prints and urban legends. Thank you for your interest.
- BITE ME
- THERE WAS CAKE ON THE TABLE
- THE CURSED MOLESKINE
- AND IN HIS HAND I SAW A BOOK
- VALENTINE'S DAY PARTY AT CAFE RACER- OH, MR. MAYOR...
- RETURN OF THE LOOTY
- NATURAL CURIOSITIES AT ROQ LA RUE FRIDAY FEB 8
- JESUS ON THE COVER OF POPULAR MECHANICS
- JESUS AND THE BEAR