Friday, July 21, 2006

JIM WOODRING'S IVORY TOWER ART OUTLET

Now children, you know as well as I do that I am an old man and cannot keep turning out these pictures forever. And I hope you know how much I love you and cherish your visits to this "blog". But when I am gone, children, what will be left to this bond of union we share?

Answer: Bupkis! Unless you are a prudent individual who understands the talismanic power of original art and has the savvy to snap up some of mine while it is still dirt cheap. To that end I direct you to http://useum.blogspot.com/ where you will find an ever-changing offering of drawings, paintings, prints and artifacts from yours truly.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
And also, fluorescent tubes, right over your work table, unshaded?
Wuzzum!
Does not the feverish buzzing make your outer brain sing? Does the flatness of the light banish extraneous detail and allow your odd clarities to warble? I am just surprised, I figgered full-spectrum or halogen to achieve your color-sense.. . ..

10:24 PM  
Blogger Tom Dougherty said...

How much for the table?

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long live JW

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Letters E-T-E-R-N-I-T-Y crossed the sky when they heard you talking this way.
Letters F-O-R-E-V-E-R are waiting.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's it!!
you'll be forever
the best things
i ever know!
from this tiny giant eternity!
°.)

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'd love some of that fancy artwork, but your "dirt cheap" is my "rent money."

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enough bitching about Jim's artwork not being shit cheap. It's original artwork! Get a better job and lay off the pipe and you'll be able to afford orginal artwork, Zippo.

Kids: Be cool. Stay in school.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you listen to on those big old speakers situated either side of your noggin, Jim?

2:34 AM  
Blogger Tom Dougherty said...

I think I read in People magazoon that Jim listens to The Spice Girls, Britney Spears and such. Is that still the case, J.W.?

1:07 PM  
Blogger Chupacabras said...

Hi Jim!!!!

This is Carlos from Chile. I like your draws and cartoons very much. I'm a cartoonist too. I have a blog
htttp://bardemonoschilenos.blogspot.com

Greetings

Chups
^^)

8:44 PM  
Blogger Aeron said...

I always enjoy seeing the working space of other artists, particularly those I'm a great fan of.

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home