Thursday, August 17, 2006

HUH?

A chain of stores in Minneapolis, Schinders, is having a contest this month; send them a written description of a dream you have had and you could win some of my books! I just now found out about it and frankly I'm a bit flummoxed. Here is what they tell me:

About the contest: It's free. All that's needed to enter is a name, an email address, and a description of a dream. The email addresses are used only to contact winners, they are not collected for use in a mailing list, or to be sold or used for any other purpose. The description of a dream is used to tie in the contest theme of the books, and for our own edification. The only commercial aspect is the contest is hosted by a retail chain, who gains some exposure from the contest.

Huh! http://www.shinders.com/jimwoodringcontest.html

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shinders is a cool store... you should be stoked...

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will win this. No others need apply. Look away now. Go about your business.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Tom Dougherty said...

We have only your word of their word that we won't end up drowning in spam on some horrible Shinder's list sometime down the road. I get my kicks from a nice clean gelatin capsule, thank you.


Drowning in Spam. There's an image for you.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never heard of Shinders, but Shinder's List rings a bell. The Woodring swag looks wonderful, however, and if we must tells Shinder of our dreams and attempt to shovel the glimpse into the ditch of what each one means, well by golly we'll do it!

Onward through the fog!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone interested in sharing their dream entries? here? or elsewhere?

12:03 PM  
Blogger Aeron said...

I had a dream where I was lost in a desert and there were giant red skeletons trying to claw their way out of the sand, pretty weird.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your dream doesn't win Schinder's contest, you can still send them to Jesse Reklaw. He turns reader's dreams into four-panel comics:

http://www.slowwave.com/

He accepted one of my dreams, in which I was the star of a remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" in which pods were legally required to advertise for victims.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Austin said...

I've already paid cold hard scrilla for the items they have for prizes, so I'll be keeping my rapid eye twitchery to my damn self, thank you very much!

Your loss, Shinders!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shinders was my first stop for comics when I was a pup.I have fond memories of clutching shiny new comics from the racks and feverishly reading them as soon as I got home.What fun that they are having a contest featuring my favorite cartoonist!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A clutch of Jim's work would be a gas to win, whether or not you own the things already. But if I told you what I dreamed last night you would stop speaking to me.

--MC

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home