Wednesday, September 27, 2006

DANGEROUS CURVES AHEAD- UPDATE!

Friends of the Nib, the Pacific Northwest's elite cartoonist organization, is having a benefit art exhibition and sale at their clubhouse, Cafe Racer, opening on Saturday, September 30 from 7:00 to 9:00. The show is called Kickstart Kuties, and all the work features babes and bikes as delineated by local talent. 100% of proceeds will go to assist Cafe Racer employee Jason, who was injured in a fall earlier this year.

The vast array of artists include that firecracker Ellen Forney, legendary clay animator Bruce Bickford, artist and illustrator Bob Rini, the brilliant Tom Dougherty, David Lasky and his FineComics cohorts, and, of course, the club's founder, Jay Dub.

The art will be priced to move, and there will be a lot of it, plus the Racer's usual array of artist-made food, beer and liquor. It'll be rich, my friends... rich!!

AND IT WAS! See evidence at http://www.fantagraphics.com/blog/archive/2006_10_01_fantagraphics_archive.html#115991041502635649

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a roll of quarters in his pocket, or does he just like big jugs?

1:40 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

I actually said, "Wow, you have some great jugs!" while viewing some antique crockery at sandwich shop. The woman making my order said, "Thanks, that's the nicest thing I've heard all day."

Boy! Was my face red.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Scott Faulkner said...

This would've been a nice addition to the defunct KUTIE magazine.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Boy! Was my face red."

Now that's a boner!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend tipped me that someone was using my name to sell cartoons, but I am surprised that a man seemingly as accomplished as yourself feels the need to steal my identity to earn his meat.

I want that image taken down immediately, Mr. Wodring. I'm having my solicitor send out arrest of intent warrants here in Wales and cease and desist writs leveled against you in the states. I've worked too long and too hard to surrender to you the public goodwill I've earned creating the hit comics "Granny's Grand Knickers", "Queen's Own Adventure and "Toffee the Git", as well as the serial comic in the London Drag "Everything's Ducky", and "Bangers 'n' Mash" for the Oxblood toilette companion.

You've made a power-filled enemy today, Wodring!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jim Woodring said...

Oh, come off it Jay. That drawing is nothing to be ashamed of. I admit it was lousy of me to imply you founded FOTN. but that "jugs" drawing really is one of your finest, even if it is a cold swipe.

Regards to Hannah,

Jim

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jimmothy how are you?!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is going to be a great show. A dynamite show!
--MC

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me some time before I realize the ruse being played on the unsuspecting public.

Jay "Dub"-a-yoo, is more like it!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have we been flim-flammed?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Lasky said...

You would've been king of the mens mag cartoonists had you been born a half century earlier!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jack Ruttan said...

He actually is, but in a different dimension.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Jim Woodring said...

That's because Jack Ruttan commands this dimension: http://utopiamoment.blogspot.com/

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog! Excellent work by The Friends of the Nib... may the merry group prosper.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jack Ruttan said...

Hey thanks. The original's actually winging its way this very moment to Seattle, for the exhib. It's an honour to be asked to be included, and it's a cool cause. You and David Lasky are two of my cartooning heroes!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home