Saturday, January 29, 2011

THE CORRIDOR OF POWER













Carson Mell sent me this beautiful photograph of Brand Park Art and Music Library in Glendale, which was two blocks from the house I lived in during my teens. In those days spent every available moment swooning around this intensely romantic building in a state of otherworldly fervor. This was the original carriage entrance; the boarding alcove is to the left. If this picture extended about ten feet to the right it would show the semispiral alcove where I used to stand, wedged between the walls and almost comatose with ecstasy. I was chased away from there more than once. People must have thought I was crazy. Thanks for the blast, Carson.


1 Comments:

Blogger mizdarlin said...

I remember thinking that place was some kind of palace or magic mansion when i was young..nice to see that doorway...

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home