Friday, August 25, 2006

STANDO DEI






















This one might have gotten by you on the first ro-round, and the terms of my contract dictate that nothing be left to chance, so I'm placing it again before the public eye. You enthusiasts, you knowers of Frisell, you may think you know what is happening here. But please inspect this one carefully. Notice the swapped identity of the infant; notice that the lamprey brain has been replaced by a shark brain. And please notice the "cockeye" effect where no eye exists. No need for you or me to go out on a limb when this sort of thing is being done for us.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom Dougherty said...

What the hell? I thought that staff just had a collection of odd-lot gonads!

Live and learn.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for Jim and his blog. I live in Japan now and was worried that I would be out of Woodring goodness but this blog has changed everything. Now I have Woodring monitor images all over my classroom folers (I teach children english) at first they coo "Kawaii!" (cute!) then they keep looking and get unnerved, and soon they can't look away...it's great

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does the name Stando Dei (and also Stando Roi, if I recall correctly) refer to? I have a feeling I could check some dictionary in some language but can't now for fairly complex and to some degree real reasons.

11:41 AM  
Blogger jason white said...

nice!!!!!!!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Every time you look at it you notice something you hadn't perceived before.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home