Wednesday, July 02, 2008

OH, THE HUMANITY!

The San Diego International Comic-Con, the world's largest, loudest and sweatiest conglomeration of all things even remotely comics-related and the men, women and others who love 'em, has invited your Uncle Jim to be a Special Guest. This has never happened before! 

I haven't been to the "con" since 2002, I think it was. My understanding is that the event has supernova'd to intimidating dimensions. I'll be there for the whole thing, so if you yourself intend to attend please come by my table and we can have a good cry together. 


9 Comments:

Blogger Ethan_Hall_2006 said...

Where will your table be? Will you be signing and selling?

10:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mr. Woodring,
It warms my heart to think that even you get nervous at these conventions. For the first time I'll be in one of these in October and I'm a little jumpy about it. Also, I went to art graduate school in Seattle some time ago and was a little miserable there. Your work is so much better than all of my old professors squwished together. I had no idea that you were in the very same city doing the amazing things that you do.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Jim Woodring said...

I'll be at table 55A, I think, ethan. And thank you, cara.

JW

3:09 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I tried booking a room nearby the con way back in December.

I failed.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! Susan and I aren't going this year.

The thing has become bloated beyond comprehension... you'll either love it or hate it.

KP

7:43 PM  
Blogger Matt Sheridan said...

Aw, that is great news! I'd always wondered if you did conventions at all. Hope I'll get to see you there, man. I'll be there helping my wife sell her book.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Het Voorleestheater said...

Have fun! You can be the bigger scare.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Starchie Spudnoggen said...

Hope I can bump into you this year. I'm a guest for the first time ever as well. The convention truly is a massive throbbing life form these days. If you come up for air once in a while, it can still be fun.
Take care,

-- Steve P.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's table AA5, not 55A.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home