Sunday, June 01, 2008
- Name: Jim Woodring
- Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
I was born in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in Southern California and enjoyed an exciting childhood full of poetry and paroniria among the snakes, rats and tarantulas of that enchanted realm. I eventually grew into an inquisitive bearlike man who has had three exciting careers; garbage collector, merry-go-round-operator and cartoonist. Some of my work is collected in THE BOOK OF JIM, THE FRANK BOOK and SEEING THINGS (all published by Fantagraphics) and in various toys, fabrics, prints and urban legends. Thank you for your interest.
- NOW LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT; YOUR TEACHER'S AN ...
- A MAN, A PLAN, A CANAL; SWEET JESUS!
- AN ESSAY ON FRANK
- WHAT HAS EYES BUT CAN'T SCREAM?
- "ART AND LOVE RENDERED WHOLLY STRANGE BY ALIEN DES...
- TROUBLE BREWING
- QUIET, PLEASE
- THE LIVING ANIMALS THEREBY RECONSTRUCTED
- JACK KIRBY TORPEDO DOGS